- Act as point of contact for organization executives, directors, managers, stakeholders, contactors, vendors, customers and team members.
- Identification of stakeholders and defining and executing the communications plan, change management procedures, issue log resolution, risk management processes, quality assurance program, requirements gathering and project scope definition, resource allocation & tracking, configuration management, testing and maintenance or project handoff.
- Business Process re-engineering, documenting the process changes, implementing the changes, training staff members for success and intermittent follow-up to insure transformation.
- Tracking of development schedule, builds, releases, team resources and budget against project timeline and established budget.
- Reporting project milestones, deliverables, challenges, risks and overall progress to stakeholders and management on a predetermined basis.
- Manage application development schedule and strategy, accommodating changes and challenges to deliver a winning solution within budget and timeframes promised.
- Manage system infrastructure implementation, stress testing, security, capacity planning, and hardware optimization.
- Develop training strategy, materials and timeline. Conduct training sessions at all levels in an organization.
Elective project-based activities as a consultant.
CEO & Project Executive
Xykast was a group of strategic thinkers that have envisioned, built and launched a multi-platform video conference application called Xykast.
- Conceived multi-user video chat service that was built upon a video mixer which could deliver up to 9 users in a single room with the bandwidth usage of a traditional one-to-one system.
- Oversaw development of web components and installable application components.
- Managed relationships with shareholders and outside vendors as well as internal developers and graphic designers.
IBM Global Services
Office Personnel Management
Retirement System Modernization
Retirement Systems Modernization (RSM) provides Federal employees ready access to their Federal government retirement account information, regardless of their current agency affiliation. RSM converts from paper to electronic media the historical retirement records maintained at the OPM Retirement Operations Center for the current Federal workforce, which is currently estimated at 2.7 million employees. This allows for greater use of advanced decision tools by beneficiaries, OPM, and agency HR staff while reducing the costs of storing and managing large amounts of paper. The first phase of the 5 year development lifecycle launched in mid October, 2003.
- Ran requirements definition sessions.
- Created and managed 500 page Microsoft Project master schedule.
- Directly led teams that generated all project deliverables.
- Acted a central client contact for Program.
Department of Commerce – buyusa.com
Assumed control of the project in June 2002. IBM had classified the project as troubled because of the desire of the customer to initiate legal action against IBM due to contract breach and non-performance. Began negotiations with the Department of Commerce in order to prevent the first known governmental lawsuit against IBM. This resulted in:
- A contractual agreement that Department of Commerce will not sue IBM.
- A contractual agreement to a 3 month development schedule that will improve the current application/code performance and functionality.
- A vast cost savings (“stopping the bleeding”) on the IBM side (this project had lost $4M previously). Negotiated a 2M dollar IBM loss into a 3M IBM time and materials Contract.
- Applied waterfall & agile methods to the buyUSA.com effort. This includes implementation of a Baselined Project Schedule, Communication Plan, Risk Management Plan, Project Issue Online Tracking System, Formal Change Control Process and Log, Requirements Definition, User Interface Definition, Systems Definition, System Interfaces Definition, Package Extension Definition, Test Plan Specification, Configuration Management Plan, Build, and Promotion & Deployment Plan.
United States Mint Online Catalog
The Department of Treasury needed a new online catalog to sell their proof sets and other products directly to the consumer. In order to achieve this while complying with Congressional Oversight Rules we had to completely re-imagine their procurement, manufacturing and delivery backend.
- Managed a 2 year effort from kickoff to the maintenance and transition handoff.
- Negotiated a 6 month 8M project into a 2 year 80M total backend overhaul.
- The delivered system tracked product creation and sale from component acquisition to pick and pack shipment to customer.
- This project was honored internally at IBM as the “best example of a public sector win” in 2002 and 2003 as well as by the White House as best Public Sector “Win” of 2003 (Hammer Award).
Footlocker.com Requirements Definition Project
Led a four month exercise to produce a SOW, a requirements definition document and a detailed meta design document for a proposed scope of work that would modernize the Footlocker online stores (Footlocker, Ladies Footlocker, Kids Footlocker) into a single integrated e-commerce application. This work translated into a new web storefront for the customer.
Managed initial requirements phase, technical scoping, hosting solution and development of the NFL Shop online catalog store.
- Built fully functional storefront in less than 6 weeks, which was capable of taking 1M in orders daily.
- Managed 6 waves of enhancements to the site over a period of 6 months.
- Acted a single point of contact for client, development and creative teams.
Design & Production Manager
- Manage all art, development, resource and network planning for Prodigy’s Content Area.
- Managed aggressive 65 website production schedule. Produced ahead of schedule – complete 35 sites in two months.
- Designed, executed and maintained Prodigy’s shopping area “Prodigy Shopping Network”. This mall utilized credit card verification, shopping cart technology as well as having over 50 stores online.
- Co-develop company’s grass-roots level strategy for implementing transactional component into community structure.
- Co-developed company’s community of interest strategy.
- Created most dynamic community of interest on Prodigy — Perfecto: Cigars and the Good Life.
- Handle all design and content creation for major third party deals, like Atlantic Records, Warner Brothers, Capitol Records, as well as the deals for Batman & Robin, Paul McCartney’s Flaming Pie Album and the Fan-demonium contest.
- Supervise overall technical and administrative direction of Prodigy’s Content Area under the direct supervision of the Senior Vice President.
- Administer all Web Servers for related areas under areas of control.
- Manage Production of content in the Music Area, both original and third party.
- Invent game type applications for music area, as well as other non-traditional types of HTML features. Shockwave Development as well. Produced Multimedia and Audio CDs.
- Manage production of “virtual” shows, where the online member, as well as one of the 100,000 stadium participants can see and experience everything via the Web with the use of wireless LANs, streaming and real-time uploading of HTML, IRC chat, photos and sound.
- Design and Manage execution of shows and off-site presentations, utilizing advanced sound systems, LANS, projection systems as well as video, audio and photographic feeds.
- Invented the “tour diary” feature where rock bands send behind-the-scenes reports and digital photos via FTP or e-mail. Created numerous sites for presenting these features to members.
- Manage production schedules and employees involved with music projects.
- Supervise all equipment purchasing decisions, as well as upgrade and repair.
- Arrange and execute celebrity chats, both in-house, IRC and HTML-based.
- Meet with outside entities and arrange joint ventures, leverage content deals and contract work.
- Supervise and operate thirteen music bulletin boards.
- Write and refresh music highlights and write copy for Music area.
- Represent the company at CES, COMDEX, COLLEGEFEST, and INTERNETWORLD.
- Supervise technical support for all equipment in music area.
- Act as Product Manager for all special presentations and events for music area.
- Act as Webmaster for Music and Lifestyles & Hobby area for Prodigy
Producer, Communications Area
- Developed “Communities of Interest” on the World Wide Web, shifting the focus from proprietary in-house development tools to HTML.
- Built 50 Web Sites in less than two months.
- Supervised over 100 external Web Page Moderators, both technically and from a content standpoint.
- Produced features using in-house tools, as well as pioneering the use of sound and photos on the Prodigy Service.
- Created the most financially successful bulletin board on the prodigy service.
- Arranged and executed high-profile celebrity chats.
- Supervised all computer purchases and technical support for my area.
New York, NY
BA in Communications/Media Studies
Magna Cum Laude 1993
- IBM trained in Team leadership, Project Management, Project Management Tools, Contracting in a Customer Environment, the World Wide Project Management Method and Project Management in a Customer Environment.
- IBM Manager with requisite personnel and human resource training.
- Cleared to work as contractor at multiple U.S. Government agencies. Has passed 20-year background checks.